We’ve compiled the best spring cleaning tips to keep your windows sparkling and looking their best.
1. Clean glass with a squeegee – Paper towels can leave traces of fibers and streaks. Using a squeegee eliminates those concerns and also decreases the amount of time spent getting a streak free finish. Use a soft cloth to dry your window if necessary.
2. Use your vacuum attachments – Using the narrowest vacuum attachment to clean your window tracks is the first step to clean window tracks! The vacuum should remove any large debris, dirt, and dust that may have accumulated over the winter.
3. Clean window tracks with a toothbrush – The best way to get in the groves and small corners of your window track is to use a toothbrush or old electric toothbrush and cleaning solution. Just make sure to label the toothbrush so no one tries to use it for teeth later!
4. Use vinegar as a cleaner – using a solution that is 1 part vinegar to 2 or 3 parts water does a great job gently cleaning your dirty windows with supplies that may already be in your home. Bonus: it’s pet and kid safe.
5. Clean screens with a garden hose – Take screens off windows and lay in grass or other non-muddy surface outdoors (make sure you have an organizing system so they go back on their proper windows) Use the strongest wash setting on your garden hose to clean your screens in record time. Use a scrub brush to get any tough, grimy spots. When one side of your screen dry, flip and repeat.
6. Refresh your curtains – Toss your curtains in the dryer on the air-fluff cycle for 10 -15 minutes and hang immediately for a quick refresh that perfectly frames your windows.
7. A throwback tip – give your windows an extra buff shine with a crumpled newspaper. Run the crumpled paper over your window a few times. This tip is an oldie, but a goodie!