The windows of a home are often replaced for one or both of these reasons: to improve the overall appearance of the home and increase its energy efficiency.
The vinyl frames of new replacement windows can greatly improve the situation on both fronts but coated Low-E glass can really boost the energy efficiency of a home.
The coating on Low-E glass prevents the sun’s UV rays from entering the home which brings several benefits in addition to increased energy efficiency.
Green T Windows offers a variety of new vinyl replacement windows that all feature Low-E glass.
The coating on Low-E glass windows works by stripping sunlight of its long-wave radiation, which is the heat source, while allowing short-range radiation, the light, into the home. Radiation is the leading cause of heating and cooling loss in homes so reflecting the radiation while still allowing the light to pass through greatly improves the heating and cooling efficiency.
Related: The Benefits of Effective Air Sealing for Your Home
While improved energy efficiency is the main benefit of Low-E glass, blocking the sun’s radiation also leads to several other benefits:
- Improved Comfort: Not only does Low-E glass reduce the radiant heat level of a home, but it also reduces condensation, mold, and mildew as well as outside noises.
- Lower Energy Bills: Improved energy efficiency means that the heating and air conditioning will have to run less often which leads to lower bills.
- Protection of Furnishings: Radiation from the sun can cause the color on drapes, carpet, and furniture to fade and Low-E glass reduces this possibility by blocking the radiation.
- Improved Appearance: Replacement Low-E glass windows not only improve comfort and energy efficiency, but they can also improve the appearance of your home as well.
Installing new vinyl windows with Low-E glass can improve the appearance of your home while also improving the energy efficiency and overall comfort inside the home.
Green T Windows offers vinyl replacement windows with Low-E glass in a range of different styles including double hung, garden windows, sliders, pictures, and more.
Contact Green T Windows to learn more about the benefits of our Low-E glass replacement windows. Call Us: (630) 717-0007
Replacing the windows of a home is a big project and often a tough decision to make for the homeowner. Usually homeowners put off new windows until their old windows become dysfunctional or the maintenance becomes a burden. However, there are many benefits to replacing old windows with vinyl replacement windows that should have homeowners considering the move before their windows break down. Here are some common benefits of replacement windows.
- Lower Energy Bills: Over time, old window frames and seals become worn down and allow more air seepage which could affect heating and cooling efficiency. Vinyl replacement windows form a tight seal to prevent air seepage which will increase heating and cooling efficiency and lower your energy bills.
- Curb Appeal: The windows are a large aspect of the look of a home both inside and outside. New windows with vinyl frames that are available in several color options can really transform the look of a home and boost its curb appeal.
- Light: Our replacement windows contain Low-E glass which allows in natural light from the sun while stripping it of its long-wave radiation to reflect the heat. This helps improve energy efficiency by keeping out the heat without losing the benefit of natural light.
- Air Flow/ Noise Reduction: New vinyl windows have improved airflow and ventilation over old windows and their tighter seal also reduces outside noise. This will make your home feel much more comfortable and give you a better sense of privacy.
- Easy Maintenance: Vinyl replacement windows are made with the best hardware available for easy operation. These windows are durable and they adjust to allow access to both sides of the glass for easy cleaning.
Even though your windows may not show obvious signs of failure, replacing them with vinyl windows can still be beneficial to your home. Green T Windows provides and installs new vinyl replacement windows in several popular styles and color options. These windows will not only increase the energy efficiency of a home and reduce energy bills, but also greatly improve the look and feel of your home inside and out.