When it comes to siding the real issues are whether it will stand the test of time. And in order to that the siding needs to be able to age well by maintaining its shape and color, and low maintenance. Vinyl siding has this ability to hold up with all three of those aspects.
With Green T, the above principles all show in our vinyl siding selection and professional installation. We also offer insulated vinyl siding options, including fullback. Our premium vinyl siding options include, Ovation, Quest, Board+Batten, and Cedar Discovery.
Our vinyl siding will not change shape due to daily temperature fluctuations, nor will it sag. In the rare case of your vinyl siding getting damaged, our siding is designed for easy installation and repair of the damaged section.
Thinking Vinyl Siding isn’t for you? Don’t worry we have a other option available too! Call (630)717-0007 today to learn m
ore or CLICK HERE!
Are you more concerned about the appeal of vinyl siding? Don’t worry, we over a variety of colors, not just tan and white. Our vinyl is fade resistant, so you never have to scrap, paint or stain it.
The best part of vinyl siding is that it basically has no maintenance. Once your choose your color, and have it installed, you only need your garden hose to keep it clean and looking like new!
Related: Tips for Maintaining your New Siding
There’s no question on why most costumers are picking vinyl siding is the most popular choice for new siding.
With Green T we sell and install a great selection of vinyl siding. Call us today to learn more about our vinyl siding selection!
You saved for years to get the new siding your house needed, so let’s talk about a few ways to protect your new investment.
By maintaining the proper care of your new siding you will extend the life of your home siding and keep it looking new.
Regular maintenance is also key to ensure that your siding is performing well at insulating your home and keeping the moisture out.
Do Regular Inspections
Every so often go outside and inspect your siding, pay closer attention to where the siding meets doors, windows and the roof. Keep a look out for dents or gaps, and look closely at areas that might be susceptible to damage from trees or long hours of direct sun.
Illinois has a cold climate, which means your siding could show signs of ice damage. Examine your siding under your eaves for stains from water, this would be a classic example of ice damage. You may be able to prevent this condition by sealing gaps around your ducts or pipes in the attic and putting in insulation.
As a general rule of thumb, stay on top of minor problems to avoid high expenses down the road.
Related: Preventing Mold from Growing on your Windows
Cleaning your Siding
A quick rinse with your garden hose can go a long way. It keeps your siding free from debris and tree sap. Don’t spray at an angle, this prevents water from getting up underneath the siding panels. Using a soft bristled brush can help to remove any stubborn stains.
Thinking of pressure washing your siding? Keep in mind that some types of siding can be damaged by the high pressure, and it’s often best to hire a professional.
Tips for cleaning specific types of siding
- Vinyl – Vinyl is relatively maintenance free, and the type of siding that most homeowners prefer. If you have vinyl, it is important to clean it by power washing at least once a year. If dirt and grime sit on the siding for too long it will start to set in. When cleaning, avoid using any harsh chemicals, like ammonia or bleach.
- Metal – Once metal siding is installed it’s relatively maintenance free. This siding should get a thorough cleaning every so often just to keep it clean and good looking. Metal siding can be cleaned simply with a hose or pressure washer.
- Wood-Although wood is a favorite material when its comes to siding construction, it has the highest degree of maintenance. It’s recommended to wash wooden siding with only a hose and not a pressure washer. Using to much water pressure can cause the sealant or paint to come off. And it’s advised to paint wooden siding once every year to make it last longer.
Related: 10 Helpful Fall Cleaning Tasks [A Checklist for Busy People]
Questions about siding? Or thinking you need siding replaced?
Image: Best Home Restoration
The harsh winter weather is now subsiding in the Chicago suburbs but after a long winter, the siding on your home may appear dull or dirty. Homes with wood siding require plenty of maintenance and may even need to be repainted to restore its color but vinyl siding is much easier to maintain and will not fade in color or warp like wood siding can. While vinyl siding is mostly stain resistant, a long winter like the one we just had could still leave the siding looking quite dirty. The following are tips to effectively clean your vinyl siding and boost the appearance of your home.
- If there is grime or soil buildup on the siding, it can be cleaned with a garden hose, soapy water, and a soft brush or cloth. Use the soapy water and the brush or cloth to scrub the siding lightly to loosen the dirt and grime and then spray the siding with the garden hose to rinse away the soapy water and dirt. Washing the siding from the bottom up will get the best results.
- If you discover that one of the panels of your vinyl siding had been cracked or damaged over the winter, contact Green T Windows for a replacement panel. One of the benefits of vinyl siding is that single panels can easily be replaced.
- Stains that are not removed with soapy water can generally be removed with high pressure rinsing. However, you must use caution to avoid high pressure rinsing for prolonged periods of time and make sure you do not high pressure rinse other fixtures and surfaces.
The vibrant colors and striking appearance of vinyl siding can add a lot to the look of a home but the dirt they accumulate over the winter can make the color look dull and diminish your home’s overall appearance. Fortunately, vinyl siding is very easy to clean and by following these simple tips, you can have your siding looking new again. If you would like more information regarding the maintenance or installation of vinyl siding, contact Green T Windows.
The snow that has been blanketing the Chicago suburbs is finally beginning to melt and as we get nearer to the spring, many homeowners are gearing up for some long awaited home improvement projects. One home improvement project that can greatly improve the appearance of your home is the replacement of the siding with new vinyl siding. Vinyl siding has several benefits over other siding types aside from boosting your home’s curb appeal and Green T Windows offers and installs vinyl siding options in a range of colors, styles, sizes, and profiles.
One advantage of new vinyl siding is that it can be customized to create a unique look for your home that suits your specific tastes. Vinyl siding is available in many colors and profile styles to create different looks and Green T can install siding panels with 6 inch or 3 inch exposure to add even more variation in the appearance. In addition to its design versatility, vinyl siding is also very durable as it can handle strong winds, rain, snow, and extreme temperatures. You can rest assured that your new vinyl siding will not only improve the appearance of your home, but also last for years to come.
Another benefit of new vinyl siding is that it requires very little maintenance compared to other siding types. Wood siding must be scraped, sanded, and repainted every year or so but vinyl siding only needs to be cleaned with soap and water which will save much time, money, and energy. The way in which vinyl siding is installed also makes the panels easy to replace if one should become damaged or missing. These panels are installed by hammering nails through the top of each one which allows them to be easily removed for replacement as well as expand and contract in fluctuating temperatures.
As you get ready to tackle new home improvement projects in the next couple months, inspect the current siding on your home and consider the option of new vinyl siding especially if your current siding is worn out. The professionals of Green T Windows offer preliminary consultations and measurements for new siding along with a free written estimate of the work. Contact Green T Windows to learn more about how you can transform the look of your home with new vinyl siding.